Tuesday, July 31, 2012

BMX Worlds 2012

Two weeks ago, the BMX Worlds were held in Cologne. But this year the rain messed everything up sadly!
This year it was kinda hard to get there, that's why i packed my bike, backpack and my best friend in my own car to go to Cologne. Friday afternoon, it was all chilled with the Flatland Pro qualification and some sunshine. But unfortunately the rain started again and ruined the street contests continuing the whole weekend. So we ended up in a nice Mexican restaurant and our car, which was our sleeping place for the next two days!
I was hoping for the Flatland girls contest Saturday morning, but it was still raining and annoying the whole day. I met Monika Hinz around the afternoon and I built up my bike and was sessioning a little with her, which was pretty awesome. The day ended with some Flatland Pro Final runs, the Dirt Final and, like every year, a firework!
After waking up in the trunk (we really slept in the trunk and the backseats of the car!) Sunday morning the weather was still fucked up. The Worlds were nearly over and the Flatland Amateur Final and the Girls Contest was still going on. Not sure about what time, so we were waiting under roofs, chilling in some big Sinalco Chairs, which was pretty comfortable!
The rain stopped, we had like 20 minutes to practice and having the contest run, which wasn't that cool. Then we had to move to the Zoo bridge to end the Amateur Finals cause of (duh!) rain. I ended up 2nd in the Girls class but I didn't care much about that. After some confusion during the Ceremony the BMX Worlds were over.
After all these years going there I always have less fun from time to time, sadly. I'm not sure if I will go there again next year. But whatever ... I will still continue riding my little kids bike, cause it's fun! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment